Friday, September 26, 2008

Where have all the photos gone?

I can't believe how remiss I have been about posting pictures. Prepare to be blasted with them...
We go through a lot (and I mean a lot) of bread in our house during the week. I got bold a while back and started baking some myself. To be totally honest, they were like bricks, but my wonderful family cheerfully choked them down. Well, I have graduated from bricks and am now making a decidedly unbricklike challah. Who knew that I could do that, right? I am very proud. So proud in fact, that I took a picture of it. So, two loaves a week now. It really is fun to make. I found the recipe in this great book from our book store. I want to cook everything in it. Well, 90% of everything.
News from the homeschool front. Today at co-op we made trees by tracing our hand and forearm on brown construction paper, cutting it out, gluing it to another sheet of paper and sponge painting leaves on top. Cool project! It kept a room of 2-3 year olds happy for 35 minutes. I have to say that I loved that little one didn't just tap tap tap with her sponge like she was taught. She tried that, then she realized that she is more of a smear it kind of girl. So smear she did.

I think it looks fantastic and very her.

Co-op is in a church down the road from our house. It is a great space with tons of room for all of the kids. The only (very minor) issue is the cold cold basement floor. So, today I finished a little cushion for little one to sit on. I used scraps from the banner I made for her 3rd birthday. I am really happy with how it turned out. So is little one. She has decided it is the homeschool pillow, the book pillow, the doll blanket, and her flag. Heehee. It's nice to be appreciated!

No comments: