Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time to take a deep breath and jump in the pool

So, the costumes...They are DONE! I am so proud. I had mixed emotions when I turned them in, lets just say that I found out that if you iron acetate at a high enough setting to fuse the bonding tape, you can really melt it! Yeh. At 1:00am that is exactly what I did. The good news was that it was sitting on the inside of a button band, so nobody but the poor little 10 year old wearing the costume will ever know. So, yeh...I was a bit nervous to hand them over. I walked into the studio and 4 adorable kids ran squealing over to me. They all were desperate to try them on. Right there in front of me, they tried them on. I held my breath...Each one fit each girl perfectly! Like it was made for them, which in fact, they were. They were giddy! I was too! One kiddo even asked her dance teacher if she could borrow it to wear it out! (I guess she likes that shiny look.) All in all, it turned out better than I expected it would. Now I am back to knitting little toys for the business and for friends having babies. Seems like almost everyone I know is having a baby right now. It's pretty cool. So, knitting and swimming. We have gone through a ridiculous heat spell these past few days, and all we could do to keep sane was stay submerged. Tomorrow the heat is supposed to break a bit, but well, once you start going to the pool, you just want more and more and more. It's my summertime addiction.
So, knitting, swimming...Oh, and driving. This weekend is my Gramma's 85th birthday and the fam and I are driving up to have brunch. Its going to be a blast. My Aunts and Uncles and Cousins -- I know, you aren't supposed to capitalize those words, but they are important to me, so I am giving them the big letters -- are going to be there too. It's been about a year or more since I have seen any of them, so YEA! Can't wait. Also, I'm not going to be doing the driving or navigating, so I get to knit! That's right, 1 hour 45 minutes up and 1 hour 45 minutes back. If that sentence were a movie, it would be a 1950s Hollywood musical! Can you hear the knitting show tunes? "I could have knit all night, I could have knit all night, and still have knit some more."
There you have it. I'm going to add some pictures once I charge my battery. The camera just pooped out on me.

No comments: